teacher quilt


My son had a wonderful first grade teacher this year. She loves her students and they love her. Heather and I both sons in her class and we wanted to do something special for their teacher. We worked with the art teacher to have the each of the children draw their own self portrait on a piece of fabric. We really wanted the quilt to be a surprise. The portraits turned out pretty cute. Each of the children's personalities shine through their artwork.

Heather sewed the quilt top together, we basted it, I quilted it and made the binding and then Heather hand stitched the binding on to the back of the quilt. I added a label. The quilt turned out cuter than I had expected. I was ready to chicken out and give up on the idea of the quilt, but Heather kept me on track. It was very well received. (yay!) And the kids kept it a secret. (again, yay!)