star quilt along, week 12

Welcome to week 12 of the quilt along! For this week's block...

cut one square 7 1/4" from the background fabric

cut it in half on the diagonal twice to make quarter square triangles

cut 2 squares 3 1/2" from the background fabric

cut 6 squares 3 1/2" from a medium fabric

cut 4 squares 3 7/8" from a dark fabric

cut each of these in half on the diagonal once to make 8 half square triangles

layout as shown

sew together


and square up to 12.5".

Once more star to go, then it's assembly time.

Since we are nearly finished with this quilt along, I'm trying to decide if I should do another one or not. Would anyone still be interested? I'm not sure what it would be yet, but something other than a sampler quilt this time. I'm thinking maybe something with various sized quilt blocks-six, nine and twelve inch blocks all combined into one quilt. Or should we try something improvisational? Do you have any ideas of what you would like to see? (No guarantees here, I'm just trying to brainstorm.) I would plan to start it in the fall at the earliest. Let me know what you think.