matchy matchy


I find it funny when I read about bloggers who make matchy matchy things and then apologize for it, like it's some sort of bad thing. I made some more w i d e leg lounge pants using the Amy Butler pattern from this book. This time I used fabric from my stash instead of a vintage sheet. I love this fabric so much! I had enough to make a matching pair for my little girl. I LOVE these. so. much.

For my daughter's I used the shorts pattern Butterick B4966 (like shown here), but I added about 7" to the length to make them into pants. (Look at me messing with patterns already!)

I also like these because they are projects that I consider not only useful, but needed. (With the amount of quilting I do, quilts are no longer needed around here...we have plenty.) So I am happy to round out our wardrobes with needed sewing. Like a few others have said, hand made pajamas sure beat what you can buy at the store. I picked up some white T's for my daughter for $3.50 at The Children's Place, and after a few more pairs of bottoms sewn up for her, she will be set for fall pajamas! Woo-hoo.

And no apologies for being matchy matchy here. :)

One more thing...of all the things I thought I would never do, putting up a photo of myself on the internet in my pajamas for the whole world to see is certainly one of them! :)