CCC

It all started innocently enough....I was reading my bloglines and I came across this post. I fell in love with the cuteness and cleverness of this candy corn tote. I knew I had to make one, too. Then Lera suggested that I make a candy corn quilt. Of course I should! It's like Nanette stated in this post-the idea struck me like lightening.

I started this quilt top Saturday night and by Monday night I had the top complete. I am so in love with this quilt! I used 100% scraps, which makes it all the sweeter. I can't wait to quilt it. Lera and I exchanged numerous emails this weekend-both of us with a crazy amount of ideas for candy corn projects. You can see her crazy cute patchwork pillow here.

Through our email conversations, we decided we should hold a Candy Corn Contest. We will open it up to anyone who would like to participate. Any medium is accepted: photography, quilts, sewing, knitting, scrapping, etc. There is a flickr group where you can upload your photos to join in the contest. Judging will take place on October 30 with the winner(s) being announced on October 31. The prizes are still to be determined, but they will be candy corn inspired, of course. :)