carrot top


My wee play quilt is done! I started with 3 charm packs from the wee play line and then I added fat quarters from my stash from that line and various other moda fabrics. I love how well the different lines work together.

It was hard to quilt. (Lots of seams.)

I used the disappearing 9 patch pattern, which is pretty fun.

I love the back. A lot. It features more of my favorite red polka dot. (I still have almost a yard left. I'll be so sad when it's gone.)
Since the back was a bit smaller than the front (oops!), quilting was a bit tricky, but I squeaked by. Barely. I had to add a little patch of cream to fill in one spot, but it's barely noticeable. I did end up trimming down the quilt top just a bit (maybe an eighth of an inch on each end). The sides were just fine. I think I learned my lesson. I hope I learned my lesson.

It's a twin size. (My third twin quilt in a row.) For my next project, I'm ready to move on to something smaller.