small projects week-day 5


I'm calling these "hold everything" boxes. They sit on my front entry table. Originally I was thinking of using them for mittens and stocking hats, but since spring is finally here, I think we will use them for sunglasses and sunscreen first. :)

The boxes are much like my storage cubes, but I made them larger and I quilted the outside panels. I added an initial for each box to personalize them. (Well, there isn't one for my husband. He'll have to stash his stuff elsewhere.)

I've had these boxes in my head for months, and it's so good to finally get them done! For the most part, I would say they turned out better than expected. I LOVE it when that happens. They took me ALL day to make. But thanks to the motivation of small projects week, they are done. Yipee!!!

I'd like to thank everyone who left a sweet comment about my projects this week. I'm planning on doing another small projects week in about a month. And maybe you would like to join in? It's good motivation, I tell ya. :) I had to push myself to get this stuff done, and by Wednesday I was about to cave and start a new quilt project. But I kept going, and I'm so glad I did. Now, it's back to quilts! Hurray!!!