one a day-a quilt along

I'm thinking about doing a quilt along (of sorts), based on this fabulous quilt.

inspiration quilt and photos courtesy of swim notes. (who is my quilting hero, by the way.) thank you, Melanie!

I started making a scrappy quilt based on this one back in January. I was making two blocks a day, but somewhere about day 6 I fizzled out. (Impressive, huh?) I'm ready to get back at it, and I was wondering if you would like to join me? Make one 9 patch a day. By the middle of the summer, we would all have enough blocks to make this quilt top. Anyone care to join me? If so, leave a comment and I will add your name to my sidebar. We can upload our photos on flickr to the quilt-a-long pool (maybe a week of blocks at a time) and we can all make a dent in our scraps, stash, or both!

To make the 9 patch block, you will need 9 2.5" squares (cut). Sew together using a quarter inch seam allowance. The block will measure 6.5" unfinished and 6" finished.

The final quilt size is about 66" x 90".

Yardage requirements:

For the blocks you will need a total of 3.25 yards of various prints. (That includes 70 nine patch blocks and the scrappy border.)

For the sashing you will need about 3.5 yards of white fabric. (Because I know someone will ask, I will be using bleached muslin for sashing.)