katie jumps rope


I finished this quilt last fall sometime. Amy Jo and I had ordered a fat quarter stack of the entire line of katie jump rope fabric back in April of '07 and then we split them, leaving us each with a fat eighth. It took me a year and a half to settle on a design. Isn't that shameful? My quilt was inspired by this one. Simple and pretty. As much as I love a lot of white in a quilt, I love the absence of white in this quilt. It gives it richness and warmth, yet it isn't too busy.

I cut the blocks 5" x 6" and got 6 blocks from each fat eighth with very little waste. I added one additional fat quarter to get the amount of blocks that I needed. I loved using rectangles rather than squares....a little bit of a twist on a "just plain squares" pattern.

The back was pieced from my stash. Mostly solid blues, with a brown strip. It is stippled with white thread. I washed it in my new washer and dryer this weekend (hurray!) and it crinkled up nicely. I LOVE IT!

I made it a twin size, even though it probably won't be used on a bed most of the time. It sure looks good on there, doesn't it?

I've been dragging this quilt around the house like my daughter carries around her blankey, wrapping up in it every opportunity I get. :)