square dance quilt top


The square dance quilt top is done. My original plan didn't involve the white sashing, but I felt that the white would help break up the colors a bit. After sewing it together, I wasn't sure if I liked it or not. So I slept on it. (Not literally.) This morning I determined the white strips had to go.

So I ripped out 10 long seams and I sewed all the rows back together. Seems to be a lot of re-work going on in my sewing room these days. I think I like it a little more now. This is the only quilt I've been working on for a week straight and I need a break from it. Here's hoping that whenever I get around to stippling it, I like it more. I have a feeling I will.

It measures about 66" x 85"...so it's a twin size. When I was contemplating whether I liked it or not, my sweet son said, "I'd use it on my bed." What a honey.

double click on the photos to see more detail. they look better up close. :)