small projects week

Thanks so much for your kind comments about my square dance quilt. I appreciate you all cheering me on as I quilt away. You guys are the best!

I'm declaring it small projects week here at crazy mom quilts. I find that my list of things to make "someday" has gotten extremely long. Some things have been waiting for a year or more. I also find that I would usually work on a quilt rather than a smaller project. Anyone else like that? This week I hope to make some progress on my list.



Today's project is a door stop from Lotta's book Simple Sewing. I checked out this book from my library last summer, made the pattern and that's as far as I got with it. Until this morning. It only took about an hour, and that included interfacing everything. Of course now I'm wondering what took me so long to make it. :) I used popcorn kernels and fiberfill (so it wouldn't get too heavy) to fill it. The fabric is Moda Cherries Jubilee. I love this fabric! As much as I am tempted to make a few more of these, I'm going to move on to the next thing on my list.