pete + repeat

The quilts for my boys are finally done!
I love everything about them!

the fronts

the backs (pieced from my stash! woo-hoo!)

I think my favorite part is the binding. (Also from my stash! Another woo-hoo!) It's an Amy Butler dot in the most perfect shade of orange ever. It's like the icing on the cake.

I stippled them both in white thread. It felt like a stippling test, because the thread contrasted with so much of the fabric on the fronts and the backs. Even though it was a little stressful, I think I passed the test. :)

I thought of hiding a quilted heart into each quilt. I asked my boys if that was ok, because they ARE boys after all. They were very receptive to the idea, which made my sappy mom heart so very happy. Since I thought of the idea after I completed one quilt, I have to go back to hide a heart in the first quilt. It's so funny how much they love that little touch. (insert sappy grin here.)

And here they are on their beds.
I couldn't be happier with the results.