baby filmstrip


I really like to make baby quilts. You wouldn't know it by the frequency of which I make them, but man, they are fun. You don't have to piece backing. Basting is easier. Quilting is easier. It's all good.
This little quilt is a commissioned quilt for a woman who is having her 4th daughter. As with all my quilts, I had my moments of doubt at different stages of it, but I LOVE the results. It's been awhile since I made a pink and green quilt and I was happy to discover that I still love that color combination. :)
I actually bought backing fabric for this quilt. I love this fabric so much. It's the perfect backing fabric because the stitches blend right in. I especially love how it works with the binding fabric (which came from my stash).

The quilt measures about 42" x 51".

There are brief instructions how to make it here.

Since I've been on a mission to finish up my quilting WIP's, I've been starting knitting projects instead. Thankfully, I was able to finish one of those as well, just in time to use this season.
It is a simple one skein scarf. It has ruffled ends, which is perfect, since I usually have wavy scarf ends whether the pattern calls for them or not. :)
The colors are a little dark in the photos. This is one of those scarves that will go with almost anything, so I'm sure I'll be wearing it a great deal.

Happy December!