quilting

I finally started quilting my 9 patch quilt yesterday.
I did a few practice doodles before starting on the real quilt. I usually practice with fabric that is not pieced, but recently, I have discovered that I like to try a new quilting technique on a pieced block because it is a more realistic test with the seams to quilt over. Plus, it's my new solution to using up those pesky orphan blocks.

I really really LOVE these quilted flowers! It's a twin size, so it's taking awhile, but I'm very happy with the results.

Here's a shot of the back of the quilt. I love the white on white quilting.

Also...Emily, who is amazingly sweet, has recruited several women to make me 9 patches for my 3rd quilt (for my other sister) since I was experiencing 9 patch burn out. I have received several blocks (plus extra squares for the borders!) from different ladies across the country and Canada.
Thank you so much, ladies, for your generosity and for helping me get started on my 3rd 9 patch quilt!!! I'm excited that each of my sisters and I will have "matching" quilts. Yipee!
Happy Monday to you!