the tide is high/lazy summer days

These two quilts were finished much earlier in the year. I have to blog about them before the end of the year so I can link to the quilts on the list in my sidebar, and so I can include them in my end of the year flickr mosaic. :)

Both quilts are the same pattern but in different colorways. I wrote this pattern as a mystery quilt along for Sew Hip Magazine.

This one is called the Tide Is High. (Thanks, Susan, for the perfect name.) This was the quilt I made as I was designing the pattern.
Heather contributed many blue and green scraps to the cause. I changed the binding colors to match the color blocks on the front of the quilt. The back is the solid dark blue you see peeking out. I am beginning to really like solid color backs on my quilts. I stippled it, of course. I have this one hanging on the end of my bed and it coordinates quite nicely with my bento box quilt. Love that.
This one is called Lazy Summer Days. This is the quilt I made to test the pattern for accuracy.
I apologize for the poor quality photos...I quick snapped them back in May before I shipped the quilt off to England. I was hoping to do a side by side comparison of the quilts, but this one isn't back in my possession yet.
I love the soft colors of this quilt so much.
Again, I stippled it and used 3 different colors of binding.
The backing fabric looks like it was made especially for this quilt. I found it for half price at my LQS and that was a happy day. :)

Both quilts measure 60" x 72". Perfect lap sized quilts.

My thoughts on pattern writing? It's really, really hard work. I admire those who do it repeatedly. :)