50 cent lounge pants


It's very possible that I am the last craft blogger on earth to make the Amy Butler lounge pants out of a thrifted sheet. Even though I am late to the party, (not a surprise) I am so glad that I made it to the party at all. The pattern is in this book, which I checked out of my local library.

These lounge pants are dandy. And just like everyone else said, so comfortable. They are easy to make, even if you are intimidated by patterns. (That's me.) I bought the sheet for $1.00 and only used half of it. I used the decorative edge of the sheet for the cuff, so no hemming required. That's what I'm talking about. Instead of using a drawstring, as suggested in the pattern, I made a casing and used elastic. Now, my biggest dilemma is whether or not to use the rest of the sheet to make another pair of lounge pants or to use it for a quilt back. I'm pretty sure I know what my answer will be.