blue


This is the 3rd quilt made for my monochromatic challenge. (Previously made: yellow and green.) I love making these quilts. I really do. I think that once I finish all the colors (still to come: pink, brown, cream, purple, orange, and red) I will start all over again. It's amazing how many blue scraps I had (a lot) for the amount of blue quilts that I make (very few). Still haven't figured that one out.
I used free-form piecing (my favorite), this time in a wonky court house steps pattern. Each block is about 15" square. I started this it during spring break about 3 weeks ago.
It has a pieced back, which I love!!!
I branched out with the quilting this time: no stippling, just a series of wavy lines.
I like the effect a bunch.
And polka dots for binding. Yay.

It measures 44" x 61". This one is going to reside in our very chilly and very blue basement. I haven't washed and dried it yet, but I am sure that will all the quilting, it is going to be one very puckery quilt.

Up next for the challenge (I had my son pick a random color out of a basket): brown. Hmmm.