the charity quilt


Heather and I finished the charity quilt in 11 days (one day to spare!). She will be dropping it off tomorrow morning. I feel like it's the perfect mix of our styles. Again, this quilt is a tough one to let go, but we are hoping that it brings in (at least some) money at the silent auction to help out the young mother that is battling cancer.

Heather made 6 blocks and I made 6. We got together a few mornings last week, figured out a layout and sewed it all together.

We basted it together, I quilted it, she did the binding and she will add the label. It was a fun project to work on together.

We used the same backing and binding combination that I used for my grandmother's quilt, because when you find something that works, why mess with it?

Heather and I are both very very pleased with how it turned out.

For those of you that are still working on the quilt-a-long, this is another (and much easier) way to put your blocks together. The sashing is 4.5" (cut) x the length of your block (12.5") and the white square is 4.5"(cut). The stars that are in this quilt will be all making an appearance in the star quilt along, which should start up in a few weeks. I want to get the top pieced before we begin. This is for two reasons: 1. so you know what you are getting yourself into and 2. so I am sure that I am happy with it and am not leading you all astray. ;)

In other news, Amy Jo and her boys are here and we are having a blast. She is working in my sweatshop so I have time to blog. Isn't that nice of her? We are working on a very fun project (squeal) that will be posted later. And I was on a fabric diet...until today. I fell off the wagon and boy was it fun!

Happy Monday to you!