fair and square 2

fair and square 2
This is my 2nd sample of the fair and square quilt pattern. It's made up from all kona cottons except for the backing. For this round I used more-comfortable-to-me light sashing. It's kona ash, and it has been in my stash for awhile. I love it's subtle color and how it lets the darker colors shine. I used 5 pieced blocks in this version, which were made from jelly roll strips. I just love how flexible this quilt pattern is! It uses 6.5" unfinished blocks, so any pieced block that finishes at 6" could be used. 9 patches would be fun. Or so would pinwheels!

It's fascinating to me to see how much changing the colors and a few minor alterations really changes the look and feel of a quilt. That was part of the beauty of teaching this pattern at the work party-seeing so many different versions coming together in a few short hours. I could get used to that!

Up tomorrow, a plaid version! :)

If you would like to win a packet of squares in similar colors along with the pattern to make this quilt for yourself, please leave me a comment. I'll pick a winner in a few days. US residents only this time please.