i'm still stuck

When shopping for fabric, I find something I like, (preferably on sale) then I stock up for future quilts. Then, when I make my quilts, they are usually comprised of between 75% to 100% of stash. It is a process that works well for me. I like the challenge of using fabrics on hand and working them together like a puzzle to come up with a complete quilt.

When I saw this fabric at Gruber's, I loved it. It was on sale ($4.50/yard!) and since it is smack dab in the middle my color comfort zone, I bought 5 yards of it, knowing it would make a lovely backing for some quilt someday.

I put it together with my spiderweb quilt top and thought, "THIS IS IT!!" I like how the shapes of the backing fabric have angles that somewhat mimic the spiderweb shape. The colors are pretty close to what is in the front. Plus, it would camouflage my quilting lines.

I even found binding fabric in my stash to match, because that is the last piece of the puzzle. It would look good, don't you think?

This is where the indecision came in.

I put the backing next to my quilt along quilt. Could there BE a better match? (said in my best Chandler voice.) I don't think so.

Even the binding works with this version. (Although I just may pick something else if I go this route.)

What would you do?

This is what really gets me...for all the fabrics in the spiderweb quilt, you would think picking a backing would be easy peasy. Not so much. I've been struggling with what to back it with for a ridiculous length of time. About a year now, I guess. Help!