quilting for the musicians in my life

My husband and his high school friend, Scott, have recently re-connected. They both are funny individually, but together they are HILARIOUS! It's like having my very own comedy show in my living room when they get together. I love it. Last weekend Scott came down to visit because he and my husband are in the process of getting a musical group together again. We got to talking and he requested a quilted guitar strap. At first I thought he was just putting me on, but he was actually serious. He said that the choices at the guitar store are pretty limited: skulls, leather with studs, etc. Certainly nothing that suits him. He bought a plain black strap, which I ripped apart and replaced with a quilted strap. It turned out pretty dandy, if you ask me! Getting it reassembled so the strap was adjustable again made my head hurt, but after a bit of time, I figured it out. All the fabric is all from repurposed shirts. We kept the tag on from the store just as a joke.

Isn't it handsome?

Here it is on one of his guitars.
He was excited. I love it. My husband has put in an order for 2 for himself. I've added them to my never ending list of things to make someday! I appreciate a small project like this because it's nearly instant gratification, unlike the plethora of unfinished quilts I am working on.