the verdict

Thank you all for sharing your opinions about my backing dilemma. I'm actually glad that the votes were so equally split. It made me feel so much better about my conundrum (in some odd way).

I ended up taking the dilemma to my local quilt shop over the weekend. The owner, who has FABULOUS color sense, helped me decide.
She immediately picked the quilt along quilt for the backing in question. Figures.

Then I posed the question, "What on earth do I back the spiderweb quilt with?!?!"
At this point it was urgent.
I needed to have this issue put to rest.
Immediately.
(Have you ever been there?)

The first bolt she pulled out was this polka dot with just the right shade of cream background. It's from the Martinique line by 3 Sisters from Moda. It is PERFECT! She's a genius! (I could have hugged her right on the spot. But don't worry, I didn't.) She also picked out the stripe for the binding. It wasn't an immediate favorite, but I trust her judgement. I'm sure it will be better than anything I would have picked. Now I'm left wondering why on earth I didn't ask her a year ago!

I guess I have some (a lot of) basting to do now. :)

On a personal note: My sister had her (second) little boy early this morning. He is 6 weeks early! They are all doing as well as can be expected. He's breathing on his own already, which is amazing. He just needs to learn how to eat. (I'm sure I could give him a few pointers! hee hee) He still needs a name, too. He only weighs 4 lbs 8 oz. I can't wait to see him.

And one more thing. My other sister told me this weekend that my blog is much more interesting when I don't blog about quilting. Great news there. So my blog is interesting about 1% of the time? Great. (I took it well. I actually thought it was hilarious. Gotta love that honesty from your sister.)

Happy Monday to you!