i love plaid! quilts


Here is the first version of the plaid quilt I made, again using the fair and square pattern. See that one orange square near the top? It was bugging me and I felt like it stuck out like a sore thumb. I had it hanging over my banister and every time I walked by, I wavered. Should I change it out or not? About 5 days later, I decided to sit down and do it. It didn't take me long at all, and phew! I'm so glad I did it. I was delighted when I read this post. Apparently I'm not the only one who struggles with things like this.

So afterward, this is what it looks like.
i love plaid! quilt, version one
Ahhh, much better!

And here is the second plaid quilt top I made. Just today, actually.
i love plaid! quilt, version two
I just love these! As you can see, I like to keep the colors in order and I can't help myself from arranging the plaids as if they were shirts hanging in a closet.

I'd like to say a big huge thank you to the following generous people who sent me plaid squares for this project: Terri, Janet, Angela, Thimbleanna, Sonia, Jenn, Libby, Sherry, Ms. Clayton, Debbie, Lucy, Donna, Erin, Carla, Bridget, Kristin, Cindy, Teresa, Sara, Ashley, Kelly, Anna, Timi (all the way from Hungary!), Ann, Carol, Anita, Kathy, Tammie, Susan, Christina, Beryl, Jeannine, Barbara, Karen, Jocelyn and Yvonne. (I hope that's everyone.) THANK YOU SO MUCH! I couldn't have done it without you!

edited to add: i'm not accepting any more plaids for this project.

To answer many of your questions...I plan to post the tutorial here on my blog, so stay tuned!

Oh, and I've decided to give away a packet of green squares to make this quilt as well. If you are interested, leave a comment on the previous post, not this one. Okie dokie? And thanks for all the kind comments about this quilt. I'm really proud of it! I'll move on to something else soon, I promise. :)