playing with scraps

I finally got around to playing with Tammy's scraps this week. It was great fun! I thought I would attempt to outline a bit of my design process along the way.

The first thing I did when I got the scraps is to sort them by color. I always start by sorting by color. It gives me a sense of order, I guess.

I waited a few days to let the ideas roll around in my head. My first thought was to make to a mini zig zag quilt using my no triangle method. I tried to think of other ideas, but I kept going back to the zig zag. I figured, "why not?"

I made a bunch of squares, half white and half print. They are 3" unfinished. I ended up adding a few greens, a few pinks and some cream solid from my scraps to fill in the gaps.
(A)
I arranged them in a zig zag formation.
I quite like it.
But then I played.
(B)
And played.
(C)
Some more.
(D)
And more.
(E)
Boy, this little block has a LOT of potential. LOTS! I'm amazed.
Then, I came up with this.
(F)
But when I loaded it on my computer, it flipped the photo.
I like it even better this way.
(G)
I'm not sure which layout I'm going to use yet.
Who knows, I still may come up with more?
I'm having fun playing!

If you don't mind voting for your favorite, I'd love to have your feedback. I added a little poll button on the sidebar.