quilt along week 10

Welcome to week 10 of the quilt along. This is the last step! I'll be honest with you...this quilt was a lot more challenging than I expected. (It was a bear!) If I hadn't been hosting the quilt along, who knows how long this one would have been laying around, unfinished. This baby made me question my quilting abilities more than once. And that was just today.
For this week, take the 4 pieced strips that are 32 segments long from last week's step, and lay them out along with the sashing strips that measure 64 1/2" as shown. (This is a shot of the top left hand side of the quilt.) Sew the strips on to the center part of the quilt. Repeat on the bottom of the quilt and you are done! Do a little happy dance and add your quilt to the flickr group.

Hurray for perseverance! I'm so glad that my quilt top is done! As if you couldn't tell. :)
I can't complete this post without admitting that I ended up adding a few inches of white to my sashing strips and just chopped off the remaining ends that I didn't need.
It was by far the best solution that I could think of given my problems with my pieced strips being too long. So my final quilt measures about 65" (or so) x 88 1/2". It will fit a twin bed nicely and that was the goal. I'm sure that after time heals the pain, I will really love this quilt. LOL!

To finish your quilt, you can check out my basting tutorial, one of my quilting tutorials and then my binding tutorial.

Since I'm feeling the need to branch out from my stippling rut, I'm planning to quilt mine with diagonal lines, much like Diane did on her 9 patch quilt. Isn't that gorgeous?

Another bit of exciting news...my husband and I are celebrating our 13th (!!!) wedding anniversary today. I'm in denial that I am old enough to have been married for that long. Marrying him was one of the best decisions of my life. He really is my best friend and I'm happy to be growing old with him. My sweet and thoughtful sister came down to visit and watch the kids so we can go out to dinner at our favorite resturant tonight. So a completed quilt top and a nice dinner out. A good day all around. :)