arm warmers


I'm so glad that fall is here. I absolutely love it. One day last week I sat down in the middle of the day and did some knitting in front of the fire (under my fall quilt!!!) while my daughter was asleep and the boys were in school. It was wonderful. I could use a repeat of that today, or any day, for that matter, but no such luck.
I've been working on these arm warmers for a few weeks now. This is the first time I made a knit project other than a dishcloth or scarf, I think. It's definitely the first time I successfully knit ribbing. Yahoo! I used this pattern, cast on 32 stitches, on size 8 needles. These were supposed to be for me, but they fit my 2 and 5 year olds much better than they fit me. I'm not sure why they don't fit me better, but I am glad that I didn't make them any longer than I did. I used 100% wool yarn that I got from a thrift store for 50 cents a few years ago. (love that.) I think I have enough yarn to make at least one more pair, and maybe even in my size this time.
My 2 year old did awesome modeling them.
This was my first attempt at seaming anything, and I think it went pretty well. A question for you knitters, are you supposed to sew your seam from the outside/right side or are you supposed to turn it inside out and then sew up the seam from the inside or doesn't it matter? I would guess this is much like in quilting where they tell you how to sew on the binding with the sewing machine and then they tell you to hand stitch the binding down but they really don't bother to tell you how. Any tips on seaming would be appreciated.

I saw this in my neighborhood last week and I had to laugh, so today after I went to my favorite quilt store in effort to stimulate the economy (someone has to do something!) I thought I would take a photo. Isn't that hilarious? I bet they have some heated political discussions in their home.

I hope you have a fabulous day.