candy corn quilt

Thanks in part to my son being sick and home from school yesterday (and thus lots of movie watching together) and partly due to my husband working all day (he got home after 9pm), I was able to finish the candy corn quilt.

I. LOVE. IT.
Since my quilt holders are at school today, I had to get creative for the photo shoot. I wiped clean my rain gutters and used binder clips and clothespins to hang the quilt. I really need a clothesline.

I pieced the binding so it would match each colored section, otherwise there is no way I would use white binding-that's just looking for trouble.

Exact piecing of the binding was a new challenge for me...

and it came out better than expected.

I quilted the orange section in orange thread, the white and the yellow sections in white thread.
I adore the polka dot fabric that I used for the back.

I even have the label on. So it's really done.

Many, many thanks to Lera, who originally inspired me to make this quilt and for all the cheering me on she did along the way. Thanks friend.