little bits


I just finished this quilt this afternoon. The pattern is from the book Last Minute Patchwork + Quilted Gifts. I love the simplicity, the limited color scheme, the little bits floating. I really enjoyed piecing this one. The quilting scared me, because I do not like straight line quilting, but there was more room for error than I first thought. I used 1" masking tape to mark my quilting lines, which worked like a charm. Some lines are wider than others, but it doesn't jump out like I was originally thinking it might. Whew.


For the back I went to my local quilt shop and I bought the rest of the bolt of this fabric. There was barely enough for the backing....but I squeaked by with so very little waste on any of the 4 sides of the quilt. In fact, this is all the trimmings I had left...

...from the entire quilt. That was pretty fun for the frugal side of me. :)
Now, I'll I need to do is label this quilt and it'll be done. It measures 43" x 54".
--------
Thanks for all your kind words on my 400th post. I decided to pick a random number from all the comments and #3, Amy @ Park City Girl, is my winner! Amy, I'll be sending you a package of fabric soon.