a few answers

Thanks for all the kind comments on my stash. To answer the question that came up several times, no, my stash isn't always this neat. I had just spent 2 days folding it before posting photos. I used this method for folding, which is fabulous. I used the same method a year and a half ago. I took 2 days out of quilt production last week (which I really needed) and spent some time with the fabric strewn about the living room floor. While I was folding, I was teaching my daughter her colors. We had a great time.

Jessica asked what I do with my scraps.
Well, here they are. They are color coded and stored in any container I can get my hands on. Then, for the rest, plastic bags. Can you tell that my blue and purple scraps rank low in my eyes? They are mixed together and thrown into a plastic Target bag.


My smallest scraps are organized in these storage cubes.

Now, a few words about my quilt production.
I get several emails asking if I sleep. Yes, I do. I got a comment asking me how many hours a day I devote to quilting. The answer: I'm afraid to keep track. It's A LOT. There is no secret to my productivity. Just a whole lot of hard work. I'll be the first to admit that my life would benefit from a bit more balance.