bits of business

Happy Halloween!

I'm not a big fan of this holiday, but somehow I get sucked in a little bit each year. The kids and I carved our pumpkin last night. I had to check out this photo and this one for inspiration. I really wanted to make our pumpkin polka dotted, but my kids vetoed that idea quickly. And now I realize that if you make the face bigger, you can actually see the light through the face. Um, yeah. I'll have to remember that for next year.

I finished the second star wars robe on Wednesday....

and realize that it might not have been such a good idea.
At least they are having fun with their costumes. :)
----------
The winning entries of the Candy Corn Contest are:

here

and here.

And this one deserves honorable mention.

Thanks to everyone who participated! It was fun to see all the candy corn projects. You guys are so creative!!!!
----------
Also, thanks to all of you for your kind comments on the binding tutorial. I'm glad it was so helpful to all of you, because it was the hardest tutorial I have ever written. I had to upload the photos one at a time. All 41 of them. I think blogger hated me that night. So, all your positive comments are MUCH appreciated. To answer the question that kept coming up..."Why don't you miter the last seam at an angle like the rest of the seams?" Well, because I never learned how and I am afraid to attempt it. Someday, maybe I'll try it.